We are gearing up for a very busy month. I wanted to highlight a few key events which will be taking place during the month of September.
- Tuesday, September 10th we will hold a Key Spouse Refresher Workshop from 9-10 am. Please call 385-4663 to sign up. (Annual training is offered at the Key Spouse Appreciation).
- Friday, September 13th is a 28th BW Training Day. The A&FRC will be closed for walk in traffic as we will be available to conduct training offsite to squadrons per their request.
- Tuesday, September 17th is the monthly Newcomer’s Orientation. Spouses are welcome to attend.
- There is a pop up True Colors workshop taking place on Wednesday, September 18th starting at 6pm at the Balfour Beatty Community Center. All spouses are welcome! Signups are not necessary, just come out and have fun learning about yourself and others!
- On Thursday, September 19th, there will be an American Red Cross Babysitter’s Course for Teens (developed for teens ages 11-15) from 9-3pm at the A&FRC. This is being held during the school week so that out Home School children are able to attend. Please call 385-4663 to sign up.
- The Annual Key Spouse Dinner/Training will be held on Thursday, September 26th starting at 5:30 pm in residence. We appreciate all the effort and sacrifices you all make every day! Let us know if you are able to attend so we can plan for the meal. (Flyer will be coming out separately).
- Save the date! The next Heart Link will be held on Thursday, October 17th (Please note date change from what was previously sent out).
I have attached some flyers for the Salute to Ellsworth taking place on September 14th, as well as information about a Community Health and Wellness Expo taking place on September 21st at the Rushmore Mall.
We have had a few Key Spouses completing the online Initial Key Spouse training (available through the Military One Source site). I still would like to meet those spouses so I can give them hard copy information of the materials, as well as ensuring I have their POC information so I am able to email them information, and provide their POC information to senior leaders if requested. There is a section on the appointment letters where a signature is required verifying the training has been completed. I don’t want to miss any of our spouses as they are completing training. Just send me a quick email so I can keep track of who would like to complete training virtually.
On the Spouse Employment front, we are working on providing some events to help our spouses. We are offering a Federal Resume workshop especially designed for spouses on Thursday, October 17th. On November 15th, we are planning a Spouse Job Fair, and in December (date pending) we are working on a Dress for Success workshop.